Insurance companies can be fickle. They can tie you up in bureaucratic red tape and become intimidating and frustrating to deal with. By Ontario Law, a vehicle owner is required to have insurance on their vehicle. But you as a consumer, have rights as well. When it comes to vehicle damage you want to ensure that you have some piece of mind when it comes to your coverage.
Here are some highlights when it comes to your rights with your Auto Insurance Policy especially if you or your vehicle are in serious need of repair:
1) You have the right to be treated fairly by your insurance company.
2)You have the right to keep you policy in place if you pay your premiums and meet the responsibilities.
3) You have the right to prompt and fair handling of claims.
4) You have the right to reasonable and repair of your damaged vehicle.
5) You have the right to receive information about accident benefits.
6) You have the right to choose a repair shop, tow operator or vehicle rental company.
7) You have the right to dispute your company's refusal to pay benefits.
8) You have the right to choose a health care provider.
The full list of rights, along with the responsibilities as a Consumer are available online at www.fsco.gov.on.ca.
Let us know your thoughts on this!